To mark the inauguration of the academic year, the Centre invites a guest speaker of recognition and stature from a governmental or academic institution to speak on a topic of interest to the students and research team.
The lecturer’s speech is then commemorated through its publication and inclusion in our Distinguished Guest Lecture Series, archived both at the Centre and on CIRCaP website.
here is the list of lectures from past years:
- A LITTLE EUROPEAN LEXICON – Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa (2005)
- THE OMBUDSMAN INSTITUTION AND THE QUALITY OF DEMOCRACY – P. Nikiforos Diamandouros (2006)
- INSTITUTIONAL SOURCES OF CHANGE AND CONTINUITY – Johan P. Olsen (2008)
- A FAILURE OF CAPITALISM? – Lorenzo Bini Smaghi (2009)
- THE EUROPEAN UNION AND THE LESSONS OF THE FINANCIAL AND ECONOMIC CRISIS – Ambassador Ferdinando Nelli Feroci (2010)